Following the publication of the Family Justice Review in November 2011, a Family Justice Network for Wales was established in May 2012.
The network brings together agencies within the family justice system in Wales to:
- provide a local community of understanding and common purpose to improve services for children and families in Wales;
- complement, support and inform the work of the Family Justice Board for England and Wales;
- unblock barriers and deliver specific actions from the Family Justice Review;
- identify, share and monitor local best practice and intelligence; and
- build relationships and achieve greater coherence across agencies to improve local performance and practice.
The Care Council for Wales’s website (external link) holds a number of key resources to support the training and learning of social workers in family justice.