LSC publishes update on consultation about its planned approach to the family tender
The consultation with representative bodies on the Legal Service Commission’s planned approach to the family tender has now closed.
The LSC has published on its website:
- a summary of responses and any changes it will be making
- a letter to the representative bodies involved in the consultation.
The key amendments the LSC will be making following comments received on the consultation are:
- 1.supervisor to caseworker ratio will be adjusted to 1:4
- providers will not be required to undertake the full range of family work
- housing contracts will be offered with a minimum size of 50 new matter starts.
The Commission considers that these amendments will help ensure that clients receive access to quality legal advice and provide for a relatively straightforward tender process for applicants.
The LSC has also provided more detail on the timetable.
Planned dates are as follows:
- 5 September 2011 – tender process opens
- 3 October 2011 – tender process closes
- mid November 2011 – notifications of awards and requests for verification
- early December 2011 – verification documentation received
- 1 February 2012 – contract begins.
The invitation to tender and any related documents will be published on this website on 5 September 2011.