Freedom of Information (FOI) Requests

Freedom of Information Act 2000

If you are a public authority you have a legal obligation to provide information through an approved publication scheme and in response to requests

Goto this link for more details. This is my LINK

Submit your FOI requests to the following bodies



CAFCASS Cymru provides expert independent advice to Courts on the interests of children involved in family proceedings. All cases are referred to us by a court or high court.



A ministerial department , also called DWP

The DWP is responsible for welfare and pension policy, it is the largest of all UK Government Departments.[1] Requests to the Pensions Service, Disabilities and Carers Service and Jobcentre plus can be made via the DWP which is their parent department. The Department is lead by the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions. (Welsh: Adran Gwaith a Phensiynau[1])



The Family Justice Council is a British government group set up by the Department for Constitutional Affairs in 2002. It was set up to:

  • Promote improved interdisciplinary working across the family justice system through inclusive discussion, communication and co-ordination between all agencies
  • Identify and disseminate best practice throughout the family justice system by facilitating a mutual exchange of information between local committees and the council, including information on local initiatives
  • Consult with Government Departments on current policy and priorities and secure best value from available resources
  • Provide guidance and direction to achieve consistency of practice throughout the family justice system and submit proposals for new practice directions where appropriate
  • Promote commitment to legislative principles and the objectives of the family justice system by disseminating advice and promoting inter-agency discussion, including by way of seminars and conferences as appropriate
  • Promote the effectiveness of the family justice system by identifying priorities for, and encouraging the conduct of, research
  • Provide advice and make recommendation to Government on changes to legislation, practice and procedure, which will improve the workings of the family justice system



Part 7 (Paragraph 75) of the Courts Act 2003 states that “Family Procedure Rules are to be made by a committee known as the Family Procedure Rule Committee”, and specifies who should be on that committee. The Courts Act also states, “Family Procedure Rules may modify the rules of evidence as they apply to family proceedings in any court within the scope of the rules”.

UK body



Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service is an agency of the Ministry of Justice. It was created on 1 April 2011 by the merger of Her Majesty’s Courts Service and the Tribunals Service.

The agency is responsible for the administration of the courts of England and Wales, the Probate Service and tribunals in England and Wales and non-devolved tribunals in Scotland and Northern Ireland. It works from about 600 locations across the United Kingdom.



The Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC) is an independent commission that selects candidates for judicial office in courts and tribunals in England and Wales



Also called Judicial Office. The Judicial Office reports to the Lord Chief Justice – its purpose is to support the judiciary in upholding the rule of law and in delivering justice impartially…



The Legal Services Commission (LSC) is an executive non-departmental public body of the Ministry of Justice that is responsible for the operational administration of legal aid in England and Wales.



The Family Justice Review panel was appointed to review the whole of the family justice system in England and Wales, looking at all aspects of the system from court decisions on taking children into care, to disputes over contact with children when parents divorce. It was commissioned by the Ministry of Justice, the Department for Education, and the Welsh Government.



A public authority , also called SRA

Although the Solicitors Regulation Authority is not subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Authority will respond to requests as though they were subject to the Act.

Permanent link to this article: